Wednesday, August 21, 2013

PREMIUM SKINCARE WITH AUPRES

Even in the heat of summer, our skin needs moisture and good hydration to keep healthy and maintain balance. Lately, I find myself changing moisturizers constantly and trying new brands as my skin can be a bit difficult to shop for. It can be, at times, oily and dry, and acne-prone and sensitive...so finding the perfect moisturizer can be a bit tricky.

I have, however, found a few brands that seem to work for my skin that I constantly go back to time and time again. One of the brands I'll be adding to my moisturizer haul is Aupres by Japanese premium brand Shiseido. 

Aupres ("close to you" in French) is a prestige skincare and makeup brand initially launched by Shiseido to be sold exclusively in China. Since 2012 however, Aupres products are now also available in Malaysia. 

Walking up to their counter in a department store here in Dalian, I was impressed to see that the brand has five full skincare ranges: Pureness Bright, Ultimate White, Premium, Pro-Balancing, and Time Lock Solution. Another thing that impressed me: the price! For a prestige brand, Aupres products are quite affordable in comparison to other product brands of the same quality. 

I was most interested in their anti-aging line, Time Lock Solution, that is said to help skin maintain its vitality and resilience, and eliminating fine lines and wrinkles. The line consists of ingredients such as Yeast extract which enhances the skin's collagen network and Japanese basil extract to maintain skin's resilience. 

AUPRES Time Lock Solution Vitalizing Emulsion II
(130ml.) (230RMB) (US$37.50)

I decided to try the Time Lock Solution Vitalizing Emulsion II (for combination skin) as I liked the fluid consistency of the moisturizer. It is light in texture which I prefer as a daily moisturizer before putting on makeup. So far, I have been using this for quite some time and loving it. It is great for everyday and keeps skin hydrated, soft and supple. 

A small amount like this is all you need to moisturize your
entire face and neck.
AUPRES Time Lock Solution Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
(20g.) (260RMB) (US$42)

The star product in the range is the Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream (so had to buy that one of course!). It is described as a rich and lustrous eye cream formulated with nourishing ingredients to help correct wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes. 
It is quite thick in consistency compared to other eye creams but it is very easy to gently pat around the eyes. I like to put this one at night before going to bed. 
So, if you're traveling around China some time and would like to give this brand a try, I highly recommend it!  



No comments:

Post a Comment