Thursday, July 18, 2013

SCENTS OF SUMMER

Summer is in full swing here in China and a change of season is always the perfect excuse to buy new things...new clothes, new shoes and of course, new perfume! If you're a self-confessed perfume addict like me and constantly looking for the next best-smelling bottle of goodness...it's time to shop!

For summertime, since the heat is on, it's best to leave the musky and heavy scents for the colder seasons. Fresh, light and breezy are best in warm, humid weather.

Here are my summer picks:

CHANEL NO. 5 EAU PREMIERE
Eau de Parfum



I really love Chanel No. 5’s woody, powdery, floral scent. But I know the original one is not everyone’s cup of tea. Many people claim it smells too old-fashioned. To be honest, I don't agree with that, although, it is definitely a heavy perfume.  So I prefer the lighter version of the fragrance that was released in 2008, Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere. Eau Premiere still keeps the distinct scent of No.5 with the familiar notes of Ylang-Ylang & Jasmine Absolute, yet is also slightly different with a little more citrus and rose notes in it. It is lighter and fresher but still elegant & sophisticated. Perfect for everyday and even in hot weather! 

VERSACE BRIGHT CRYSTAL
Eau de Toilette



This is my new favorite now! I've basically been using this everyday and it's my go-to scent this summer. Bright Crystal is a fruity floral scent that smells unbelievably posh. That's the best way to describe it. It's very refreshing and light, yet lasts pretty long on the skin. This pleasant scent has fruity top notes of yuzu and pomegranate, floral middle notes of peony, magnolia and lotus, and base notes of musk and amber. Experience its juicy goodness this summer!


DURANCE LOTUS-LAVENDER
Eau de Toilette




I love the scent of lavender so I'm always on the hunt for the perfect lavender fragrance. Durance Lotus-Lavender Eau de Toilette smells amazing and is my latest discovery amongst the many lavender perfumes out there. The mix of lotus and lavender notes creates a sparkling and fresh aroma. The fragrance is described as aromatic, herbaceous, balsamic, rustic, powdery and iridescent. It smells clean, green and wonderful.


LUSH KARMA KREAM 
Hand and Body Lotion




I can't believe I just discovered this recently! My mom-in-law introduced me to it when I smelled this amazing scent on her. LUSH Karma Kream is a hand and body lotion that smells like a spicy, citrus dream. The unique scent is made up of the intoxicating fragrances of orange flower, lemongrass and patchouli. It also contains cocoa butter and almond oil to soften and calm skin. When you put this on, you don't need perfume at all! The scent lasts all day yet is light enough to wear in summer. Best of all, all LUSH products are handmade, organic and against animal testing. 

Last but not the least, my latest obsession and on my current wish list...



ARMANI CODE FOR WOMEN



This signature fragrance for women from Giorgio Armani is captivating and just lovely. A blend of Orange blossom, Madagascar vanilla, Sambac jasmine, sandalwood and honey gives this perfume a powerful radiance that cannot be ignored! Super feminine and sensual...in my opinion, this can be worn all year round! A fragrance for all seasons!



No comments:

Post a Comment